Friday, April 27, 2012

Programs I've tried to lose weight

There's no way in the world that I would be able to make a full, complete list of all of the programs that I've tried to lose weight but here goes:
1. Ayds diet candy - early teens with no substantial loss
2. Dexatrim - mid teens with no substantial loss
2. Fastin diet pills - 18 years old, around a 20 pound loss

3. Early 20s - extreme caloric restriction, around a 40 pound loss
4. Early 30s - Adkins, without supplemention, lost 40 pounds in one month, down to 180, got pregnant and weighed 260 when I delivered 
5. Early 40s - McDougall program, lost 27 pounds in one month. I probably would have done great if I would have stayed on this program, but I let family (ex-inlaws) who thought they knew all about medicine to talk me out of it, saying that it wasn't healthy to not eat animal products
6. Late 30s, early 40s and mid 40s - Weight Watchers - I think that I could have done better on this program, too, if I would have stayed away from bread, pasta and high fructose corn syrup. Unfortunately, the program doesn't take into considered how wheat affects different people and HFCS is just a no-no for some (me).

These are just the programs or products that I remember trying. There have been countless times over the last 30 years that I have said "okay I'm going to do 1200 calories a day and exercise every day" only to fail after a week or two. My highest weight that I remember was 283 in the fall 2004 and the lowest weight that I remember was 160 in my early 20s when I did severe caloric restriction. I weighed 170 - 180 when I started college in Fall 1984. I had to go to the doctor the next Spring because I was sick and I weighed 203. That was the first time that I had ever seen the scales go over 200 and I was devastated. I was 19 and weighed over 200 pounds. When I went for my first prenatal visit with my son in February 1991 I weighed 208. When I divorced my first husband in October 1992 I weighed 240. When I got pregnant with my daughter in 1998 I weighed 180 because I had just lost 40 pounds on Adkins. When I married my second husband in 2002 I weighed 230. I gained 50 pounds in 2 years. After we divorced in 2008 I went from 270 to 230 doing low carb and lost it in about 8 or 9 months. I went up a little bit over the next year and in August 2010 did low carb seriously and lost down to 210 in a few months. The holidays rolled around and destroyed me. Fast forward a year to this last Christmas when I had to take steroids for over a month and I got back up to 250. Right now I am at 238 and so ready to get started with my hcg diet. The mail man is supposed to deliver today. I'm doing sublingual and already have my b12 and colloidal silver. I'm really pumped about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment