Wednesday, May 2, 2012

HCG Diary...VLCD 1

Wow! I was totally unprepared for today. Well, I mean I knew before hand what I was going to eat because I had everything planned out, but I was kind of taken aback by the hunger that I had. I assumed that it would be smooth sailing with no hunger. I can't even say that what I experienced was a true hunger, but more like blood sugar being off and getting that sicky feeling in my stomach. For the most part I had been eating healthy in the two months leading up to starting on hcg. I had not been eating gluten or transfats. Then when I realized that I was starting the hcg diet and how calorie-restricted it is I kind of went hog wild so to speak in the three days leading up to starting the drops. Pizza and draft beer Friday night, junk on Saturday, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and dip and brownies on Sunday. Then, on my two load days I didn't eat healthy fats like I had planned, but instead at Burger King, and other junk.

Monday, 4/29/12 weight was 241.8
Wednesday, 5/2/12 weight was 242.4 (surprised I only gained .6 pound on my loading days) and this was the first vlcd. For lunch I had 2 chicken tenderloins, half a green pepper, an apple and five mini melba toasts (40 cal.) I drank 2 cups of black coffee at breakfast, 20 ounces of stevia iced tea for lunch, I didn't eat all of my dinner at one time but stretched it from about 5 pm until 9 pm. I'm not sure that was such a good idea, but I wasn't sure how I would handle only eating twice during the day. For dinner I had the same thing as I had for lunch except I had radishes instead of green pepper. I don't think I've had enough fluids today. I am going to drink a cup of Traditional Medicinals Smoove Move tea so that I can clear out the junk that I loaded in the last few days. I'm not sure that coffee counts as total fluid intake so I need to find out about that. Without the coffee and including the hot tea that I'm going to drink I have only had about 64 ounces. I'm going to get some grapefruits tomorrow and use those instead of apple for my fruit because the apples that I have say 130 cal. Two of these would be half of my daily allowed caloric intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment